Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Driver suit rule clarification 

Hello, I have a question about the VRG rules regarding driver's suits. The rules state a 2 or 3 layer suit is required. There are now suits in the marketplace that meet SFI 3.2A/5 but are only 1 layer. Apparently modern materials have now made this possible. Are these considered acceptable for VRG? I am in the process of replacing my old suit and would like to know if I can consider this as an option.

Thanks
Doug Faust

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Moderator

Actually the rules state 3 layers are required - either a 3 layer suit or a 2 layer suit plus nomex underwear.

3.1.3. Suit: All drivers are required to wear a racing suit made of approved fire-resistant material that covers the body from neck to wrists and ankles. The material must be approved by SFI, FIA, SCCA, or ASN. Three layers of fire resistant material are required, which may be obtained by a 2-layer suit with underwear, or a 3-layer suit. One-piece suits are highly recommended. A 3-layer suit, which meets or exceeds SFI 3.2A-5 specification (or FIA equivalent), worn with underwear, is highly recommended.

1961 MGA, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider,
1991 Honda ST1100, 1999 Ford F250, 2006 Toyota Solara

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]