Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wanted: Vintage Race Car 

I'm in the market for a Porsche 911 Vintage Race Car. I will also entertain other cars so please don't hesitate to "inbox" me or post info here. Thank you in advance.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

Did you check out vintageracecarsales.com? I noticed three 911s for sale there.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:59 pm

john.fontanella wrote:
Did you check out vintageracecarsales.com? I noticed three 911s for sale there.

Not so sure I am looking at the same page as you but I only see one Porsche (for sale) and it’s 914.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

Hi,
At the bottom of the vintageracecarsales.com home page there is a Search function. I typed in 911 this morning and three came up, 68 and 72 911Ss and a 74 911RSR. They look really nice. I don't know much about Porches and have no idea what the letters after 911 imply. Another source for (at least information about) Porsches is Dave Coleman who lives near the Summit Point race track. One other thought is eBay. Anyway, good hunting. Hope to see you out on the track one day.
JF

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

john.fontanella wrote:
Hi,
At the bottom of the vintageracecarsales.com home page there is a Search function. I typed in 911 this morning and three came up, 68 and 72 911Ss and a 74 911RSR. They look really nice. I don't know much about Porches and have no idea what the letters after 911 imply. Another source for (at least information about) Porsches is Dave Coleman who lives near the Summit Point race track. One other thought is eBay. Anyway, good hunting. Hope to see you out on the track one day.
JF

Hi John,
Ok, I see them now. When you do the search all of them come up (for sale and sold ones) and they are all sold except for the 914 custom. Thanks for the info though. I have that page bookmarked. I also check winding road, pelican parts, ebay, craigslist, racejunk, and maybe two others. No luck yet but I'll find one.
Definitely hope to meet up sometime. Keep in touch.
Gary

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

Gary,

Did you ever find a vintage race car? Will you be at the VRG Jefferson 500 school in May at Summit Point?
My school and I will both be there helping with the school and there will be at least 10 Pittsburgh racers attending the race event.

Even if you didn't find a car yet, its good if you are interested to come and hang out and see what it's all about.

Keith Lawrence
McMurray PA

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 am

KLawrence wrote:
Gary,

Did you ever find a vintage race car? Will you be at the VRG Jefferson 500 school in May at Summit Point?
My school and I will both be there helping with the school and there will be at least 10 Pittsburgh racers attending the race event.

Even if you didn't find a car yet, its good if you are interested to come and hang out and see what it's all about.

Keith Lawrence
McMurray PA

Hi Keith,
No, I have not had very much luck finding what I want yet but I haven't stopped looking either. I've seen some really rough stuff and I've seen some "out of my budget" builds. I'm not giving up though. In due time I'll find exactly what I want.
I thought about racing what I have just to get the Vintage License permit and continue my search too, if that is even possible.
Gary

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm
Profile WWW

love4911s wrote:
KLawrence wrote:
Gary,

Keith Lawrence
McMurray PA

Hi Keith,
No, I have not had very much luck finding what I want yet but I haven't stopped looking either. I've seen some really rough stuff and I've seen some "out of my budget" builds. I'm not giving up though. In due time I'll find exactly what I want.
I thought about racing what I have just to get the Vintage License permit and continue my search too, if that is even possible.
Gary

Unless things have changed, you can take the school in a "regular" car as well. You just can't do the on-track portion of the weekend. If you do end up at Summit, feel free to stop by and I'd be happy to chat about different car options you may enjoy!

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Sounds great Mike. Thank you.

Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 pm
Profile WWW

Obviously we didn't get a chance to talk at Summit....

Have you made any progress narrowing down your search?

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next