Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Watkins Glen 2016 
Author Message
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 248
Location: Mebane, NC
Reply with quote
Here's a video from my MGA at VRG's October event at Watkins Glen.

Some of my comments ended up in the wrong place. I guess I need a better video editor (in addition to more HP, race tires and a better driver...).

https://youtu.be/tLANqcQWCS4

_________________
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

1961 MGA, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider,
1991 Honda ST1100, 1999 Ford F250, 2006 Toyota Solara


Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 248
Location: Mebane, NC
Reply with quote
Saturday afternoon's Group One Race (in the wet)

https://youtu.be/uEEKzBMV3iY

_________________
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

1961 MGA, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider,
1991 Honda ST1100, 1999 Ford F250, 2006 Toyota Solara


Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Hopewell Junction, NY
Reply with quote
Good stuff! I'd love to try rain driving someday...

The commentary is a nice addition, adds a bit of "personality" to the video. There was a bit more to work with in the first session, so it made more of a difference there. I'm wondering; what camera and editing software are you using? I'd imagine with anything going back to the original GoPro you could drastically increase video quality with some settings/file compression changes.

Depending on your goals, you may think about editing out some of the "lonely" time in the middle of the videos. If these are for you to keep then by all means leave them uncut (it's what I do with sessions that aren't as "action-packed").

Thanks for sharing!

_________________
Interested in vintage cars and vintage racing? Photos, videos, our race schedule, and more can be found at http://www.michaelsvintageracing.com!
Image


Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:54 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 248
Location: Mebane, NC
Reply with quote
Mike Clifford 2 wrote:
I'm wondering; what camera and editing software are you using? I'd imagine with anything going back to the original GoPro you could drastically increase video quality with some settings/file compression changes.

Depending on your goals, you may think about editing out some of the "lonely" time in the middle of the videos. If these are for you to keep then by all means leave them uncut (it's what I do with sessions that aren't as "action-packed").


I have a GoPro Hero2. I used Windows Live Movie Maker. I also have the GoPro Studio but I find it clunky & not intuitive. I suppose if I used it more I'd get used to it. I saved the files with significant compression so that likely reduces the quality. But it takes forever to both save and then upload to You Tube otherwise.

Good idea about editing out the lonely sections. I'm thinking of naming my race team "Hey Everybody, Wait For Me"...

Quote:
I'd love to try rain driving someday...


Fortunately it wasn't raining much during the afternoon session - just lots of water already on the track. Since I have street radials I may have a small advantage over those on race tires. Plus, I got my first podium finish in the rain at VIR last September. First in class, third overall on Sunday's race. Of course it had rained ALL weekend and everyone else had gone home...


Attachments:
podium 03.jpg
podium 03.jpg [ 743.77 KiB | Viewed 4009 times ]

_________________
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

1961 MGA, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider,
1991 Honda ST1100, 1999 Ford F250, 2006 Toyota Solara
Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Hopewell Junction, NY
Reply with quote
Eric Russell wrote:
I have a GoPro Hero2. I used Windows Live Movie Maker. I also have the GoPro Studio but I find it clunky & not intuitive. I suppose if I used it more I'd get used to it. I saved the files with significant compression so that likely reduces the quality. But it takes forever to both save and then upload to You Tube otherwise.

Good idea about editing out the lonely sections. I'm thinking of naming my race team "Hey Everybody, Wait For Me"...

Ah, okay. The compression is it for sure. I would imagine a combination of your computer and your internet connection are to blame. I used to have to wait almost 8 hours for a video to upload, so I'd leave my laptop plugged in overnight. I've since upgraded the internals of my computer and changed internet providers, but obviously that's not a simple solution :)
You could try "Lone Ranger Racing" or something, put a positive spin on it! ...so to speak.

Quote:
Fortunately it wasn't raining much during the afternoon session - just lots of water already on the track. Since I have street radials I may have a small advantage over those on race tires. Plus, I got my first podium finish in the rain at VIR last September. First in class, third overall on Sunday's race. Of course it had rained ALL weekend and everyone else had gone home...


I thought you had radials! I could hear them in the dry video but I wasn't sure if that's what I was hearing.

Remember: A podium is a podium, and it doesn't matter how you got there!

_________________
Interested in vintage cars and vintage racing? Photos, videos, our race schedule, and more can be found at http://www.michaelsvintageracing.com!
Image


Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF
Copyright © 2010 - 2016 VRG. All rights reserved.