Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Formula Ford and 2 Formula Vees for sale 

Due to family change (my teenage boys want to start racing & neither are ready for open wheel) and due to hip issues; I am selling my 3 open wheel race cars including:

1. 1978 Zink Z-10C Club Ford
Attachment:
File comment: Zink profile
2013-07-15_1442.png
2013-07-15_1442.png [ 730.61 KiB | Viewed 7086 times ]

This is a great car and it is ready to run at this years 2014 PVGP Historic Races at PittRace (delivered and prepped).
The engine is legal with only about 10 hours on it and the Dunlop tires are from last season with only 2 races on them.
The car is much better than I am a driver and could be up front with the right driver. There are tons of spares including suspension parts, body parts and original body molds (noses & engine cover). Has new springs all around, newly rebuilt shocks and comes with new unpainted side pods, 3 different noses, gear set and much more. Has current SCCA log book.

Prior to me, this car was owned by Vinnie Rozales (Long Island) and was maintained by Joe Stimola (a top notch shop & person).

2. 1964 AutoDynamics Mk-1 Formula Vee
Attachment:
File comment: AD FV profile
64-Auto-Dynamics-MKI_DV-09-PVGP-06.jpg
64-Auto-Dynamics-MKI_DV-09-PVGP-06.jpg [ 159.98 KiB | Viewed 7086 times ]

This is a 2009 PVGP Schenley Park winner and is a great FV. The chassis and body are in very good condition and the engine is a good legal, regional engine. This is a great FV for a rookie as it is easy to drive and handles very well. I am 200 lbs and almost 6 ft and I fit in it with ease - there is lots of room left for a larger person (i still use the seat installed). It is almost ready to race but likely not ready for this year's PVGP weekends as I have to install the engine and I'm on light duty until after the event (bionic hip procedure 2 weeks ago). If someone were truly serious, I could make it race ready in several weeks. It does need new Dunlop or Hoosier race tires. Has current SVRA logbook.

Prior to me this car was owned by Kim & Kevin Eastman - so it is famous, as Kevin is the creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles... Car is nicknamed - Silver Turtle.

3. 1969 Lynx B Formula Vee
Attachment:
File comment: Lynx FV profile
2012_race_image_3.png
2012_race_image_3.png [ 1003.33 KiB | Viewed 7086 times ]

I've raced this car once - at last year's Turkey Bowl. I cannot fit in it and to make me fit comfortably it would require more effort than I have time for. It would be perfect for someone under 5-10 and less than 190. The chassis and body are in good condition but could use some TLC to make it look pretty. The engine is a very good regional engine, last owned by Roger Bailey and we all know he can fly in a FV. This is a great car for someone looking to move into open wheel or FV - it will be fast. It is ready to race but as an exception with the VRG as it needs to have the rear suspension backdated to a z-bar and also the fan shroud reinstalled (I have these components). It currently has a very good zero-roll rear suspension in it with a mono-shock that could be sold for several hundred dollars to any SCCA FV racer. Fred Clark of Characal/Lynx FV fame has all of the parts needed on the shelf for the back date and he also has full replacement parts for this car if needed. Comes with many spare body parts and pieces. The Lynx is one of the fastest vintage FVs that we see in VRG and elsewhere - this one has great potential. It has 1 year old Dunlops race tires on it now and has current VARAC logbook.

The car was last owned by a Canadian who raced it in the F1200 series (note they used different wheels and tires and they are no longer with the car) and I purchased it last fall.

Prices:
Zink FF - $12,000
AD FV - $6,000
Lynx FV - $6,000

Would consider trades for vintage race BMW 2002 or similar production type vintage race car.

I also have a 20 ft enclosed trailer that could be for sale to make a turn-key deal if wanted.
I am not getting out of racing, just need to go back to an easier car for me and my boys to race togerther.

If interested, I can provide lots more detail and pictures of any of the cars.
I really want to see these cars stay in the VRG.

Thanks.
Keith Lawrence
Pittsburgh, PA
Cell 412-770-8267
Email: KLawrence@EDMC.edu

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Bump - the car that I thought would sell first is still available, 1964 AutoDynamics FV.

Great car for a new person wanting to get into vintage racing on a very low budget.

My sons and I are knee deep into the new car project and need the garage space.

Keith Lawrence
Pittsburgh PA
412-770-8267
1976 BMW 2002

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:42 pm

All have been sold.

Thanks.
Keith

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]