Switch to full style
Road Race Courses and Rovals
Post a reply

Expansion of Jefferson Circuit @ Summit Point

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park has extended the Jefferson Circuit. They posted this photo on Facebook Today:

Re: Expansion of Jefferson Circuit @ Summit Point

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Wow! Big project. Are they going to make it wider by any chance?

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Mack McCormack wrote:Wow! Big project. Are they going to make it wider by any chance?

No idea. I'll will ask some questions about it the next time that I speak with track management.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Yowza! That looks like fun!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Nice skid pad too. I am sure it will have sprinklers.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 am

Mack McCormack wrote:I am sure it will have sprinklers.

Never know. I assumed that about the 'triple skid pad" and it didn't have any. Probably why they turned it into the go-kart complex.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Someone on the Facebook post asked if they were going to run the Jefferson clockwise/counter, and the Summit account replied that a direction hasn't been determined yet. Any further insight on that?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Ian Wisbon wrote:Someone on the Facebook post asked if they were going to run the Jefferson clockwise/counter, and the Summit account replied that a direction hasn't been determined yet. Any further insight on that?

The original Jefferson circuit can be run in either direction. I've run it both ways, strange running the same track in two different directions! You have to learn all over again...

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm

Look very closely and notice that the airplanes gauges are reflected in the picture. I thought they were crop circles !!
Pete

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 am

Skid pad = the racer's crop circle. :D
Post a reply