Switch to full style
Formula Vee, Formula Ford, Formula Jr
Post a reply

Re: Formula Vee Eligibility

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 am

Bill - I am listening, can you clarify further as to actual data and reasoning? It is my understanding that 1975 SCCA Guidelines are in place for the FV Challenge Series, does anyone have a copy for review? I believe Fan Shrouds were removed in or around this time. I know that gutted generators were allowed post 1972, but not sure they are written in the rules today for the latter FV class. If not why is VRG deviating from this core concept?

with that said - VRG does leverage a spec tire, similar to what FFCS has done and these cars have seen major technical improvements; yet remain competitive throughout the classes identified and overall run group. Can this not be done for FV in a similar manner?

I am open for a legit discussion, if you want to pursue further? However, making a claim with no basis of fact or reasoning does not sway my thoughts on the issue but I am open (unlike others) to discussion, validations, etc......

--- Christopher Shoemaker
Royale Racing, LLC

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am

If anyone is in the market for a legal vintage Formula Vee that can run in our VeeRG series, let me know. I have been looking for a car and there are many out there and available. Some of the the other vintage club FV drivers seem to be going to Fords and therefore it's a buyer's market for vintage Formula Vees.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Chris, As I stated, If the goal is for all Vee's to remain compeditive then there can not be a power advantage. If the goal is to get as many new drivers then the sky's the limit. Unlike in FF (and correct me if I'm wrong) where all club fords are based on the exact same engine, displacement and accessories, Vee's that run a fan, generator and shroud produce substantially less hp (at least as far as Vee's are concerned). At Thomson this year, I was surprised during the first practice session how much more power I was producing, despite not performing any changes from last year. It was only at the end of the session that I realized I had shredded the fan belt. Once more, I found that that the car wasn't getting full throttle! I will differ with Harry about the need for a "working" generator but he is right about allowing Vee's without fans, generators and shrouds would leave the current group of cars uncompetitive. So, again, what is the goal of the group?
Post a reply