Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 2014 Jefferson 500 & VRG School 
Site Admin

Dennis Austin wrote:
Perfect - thanks Jim.

Leon (my son) has been racing Karts in WKA for 10+ years and has been instructing at Summit Point track events (FATT etc.) for about 2 years now. I don't think he will have any trouble qualifying for a vintage racing license but I'd like for him to get some track time experience with the Hewland gearbox etc. before turning him loose out there. What "level" school should I sign him up for?

Sign him up and Ed Valpey, our chief driving instructor, will make a determination. If you would please, send his driving / school experience to me in an email: jim@vrgonline.org

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds like a plan - thanks!

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:47 pm
Site Admin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJBeWMMomTE[/youtube]

Jefferson 500 Grand Marshal, John Morton, interviewed by Jay Leno!

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

There are only seven days left to get special early bird registration pricing for the Jefferson 500. This includes a free Open Practice Day ($250 value). Don’t miss this opportunity to get a full day of practice time for FREE, if you register by April 18th.

Located in the beautiful rolling hills of West Virginia, The Jefferson 500 is one of the premier events on the vintage race calendar. 2014 is the 45th anniversary of Summit Point Motorsports Park and VRG is proud to take part in their anniversary. With John Morton as our Grand Marshal and the celebration of the 45th Anniversary of Formula Ford in the USA feature race, as well as an IMSA RS / SCCA 2.5 Challenge Reunion race, this is sure to be an unforgettable event.

This year you can take advantage of over twenty-five years of intimate, race-winning Summit Point circuit knowledge in exchange for a contribution to High Performance Heroes, a racing team dedicated to helping combat-injured service personnel. Join professional race driving coach and consultant, Peter Krause, for an entertaining and informative walk of the 2.0-mile Summit Point Main circuit leaving the pit lane fifteen minutes after the track goes cold Friday afternoon. In exchange for your contribution, you'll receive a ticket for the walk, which will take about an hour to complete. Don't miss this opportunity to learn the fast line around Summit Point from a race proven winner and elite driving / racing coach.

Visit the VRG Events page and register today:

http://www.vrgonline.org/events/

Jim Karamanis & Cal Trumbo
Event Chairs

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

I am signed up for The Driving School and events for the Jefferson 500. Having not been there before I have questions about Bringing my RV verses getting a Hotel room? I talked with Summit Point and they have camping but tell me I will probably have to leave the RV at a different place than the car and trailer. Also I can not get in the gate until Wednesday morning which will make it tough to set up and be at the school at 9:00. When will be the first time I need the car? I know there is mostly class time on Wednesday?
It is very nice to have my RV with the trailer and car and stay at the track for all the days but if car and RV are far from each other it may not be the best way to go?
Please help?
Darryl

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:11 am
Site Moderator

I had asked in a different thread and rec'd this reply;

Mack McCormack wrote:
Eric:

Camping is definitely allowed in the paddock. Summit Point has multiple electric hookups throughout the paddock, but no water or sewage. This is not a big deal as there are two toilet and shower buildings. It works like this. After you park your rig in the paddock decide which power box you want to use (they are all locked and numbered). Remember the number of the box and go back out to the main gate to get the key for that box. There is a refundable deposit (usually $10) for the key and lock that you get back when you leave. There may also be an up front charge for use of the electric.

Mack

1961 MGA, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider,
1991 Honda ST1100, 1999 Ford F250, 2006 Toyota Solara

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Darryl, last year for the school the students were allowed in Tuesday night, although we were on second track, and we had a place to temporarily set up our cars.

Being on the main track I am not sure what the policy will be this year

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 am
Site Admin

I will confirm with the track and get back to you, but I believe that we should be able to get you guys into the main track Tuesday evening after 6pm. You will be able to park your RV in the paddock with your race car, no worries.

Jim Karamanis
Co-Chair, Jefferson 500

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Jim
I appreciate it. That sure would make it easier than trying to do everything in the morning. And being able to have car trailer and RV all together makes me feel much more comfortable.
Can't wait!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Jim--

I thought it had been made a part of the standard FAQ template but in any case I would appreciate your revising yours to nonte that VRG regalia WILL be available throughout the event beginning Friday.

Best--Michael

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next