Find Us On: Facebook Twitter
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Hugh Tompkins 

VRG'ers,

I just found out that Hugh Tompkins passed away in April. Maybe some of you had already heard. Obituary here:

http://www.richmond.com/obituaries/tomp ... 729f7.html

Hugh was a member of VRG since 2007, and an active vintage racer for quite a few years before that. When I first met Hugh, he was racing a light blue Alfa Giulietta Sprint. We had many good races together at VSCCA events back then, and Hugh was an excellent driver. Later, he had a FIAT-Abarth coupe (white), which he generously let me drive at Summit Point when my MGA was out of commission. Hugh had a quick wit and a dry sense of humor, and one of the most remarkable southern accents I have ever heard. I always enjoyed seeing him at events, enjoyed our conversations, and certainly our racing. He was a true gentleman, both on and off the track. After reading his obituary, I now realize more fully what a remarkable person he was.

Hugh will be sorely missed, and my sympathies go out to his family and many friends.

Mark Palmer

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]